FIRST AID QUALIFICATIONS
From 1 June 2022 ABBE will be offering new updated first aid qualifications.
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (610/0911/8)
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (610/0910/6)
The new specifications are on the website and the handbooks have been added to your centre remit on the website should you already offer the first aid qualifications.
There are also new Assessment Principles which you MUST read and adhere to for the new first aid qualifications. These can be found in your centre area as well as on the qualification pages on the website.
The qualifications above will replace the existing first aid qualifications.
If you already have learners registered on the current Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (603/1228/2) or Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (603/1375/4) they can remain on these qualifications until they have achieved the qualification.
ABBE now have a suite of Retrofit qualification. All qualifications except the ABBE Level 3 Award in An Introduction to Domestic Retrofit are recognised by Trustmark. They qualifications are:
- Level 3 Award in An Introduction to Domestic Retrofit
- Level 3 Award in Energy Efficiency for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Level 3 Certificate for Retrofit Assessors
- Level 5 Diploma in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Assessment
The ABBE Level 5 Diploma in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Assessment contains both knowledge and skills units. You may not find skills elements in other retrofit co-ordinator qualifications.
Did you know that if you are a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor, then you can upskill onto the Retrofit Assessor qualification and your DEA qualification can be APL’d into the qualification.
We also offer a suite of Building Insulation qualifications which may meet the Retrofit Installer requirements. They are:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (Cavity Wall Insulation)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Cold Roof Insulation)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Solid Floor Insulation)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Underfloor Insulation)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Wall Tie Replacement)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Wood Preserving and Damp Proofing)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (External Wall Insulation – Boarder and Finisher)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (External Wall Insulation – Boarder)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (External Wall Insulation – Finisher)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (Insulating Framed Sections)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (Hybrid Wall Insulation)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation Building Treatments (Internal Wall Insulation)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Room in Roof)
ABBE is hoping to hold an employer engagement events for Retrofit in the summer.
A REMINDER FOR CENTRES
ABBE would like to remind centres that any general enquiries (this includes CRF’s, EQA reports, centre applications and additional qualification applications) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and not to the inboxes of individual staff members. ABBE would like to further remind centres that we have a policy of responding to all enquiries within five business days. Please only restate or chase enquiries if you have not received a response within this timeframe.
EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSURERS (EQA’s)
ABBE is looking for qualified EQAs in the following areas:
- Insulation Building Treatments (IBT)
- Building Control
- Town Planning
However, if you are experienced in these areas but are not a qualified EQA you may consider becoming an EQA. If so, ABBE work with a centre to offer the Assessor, IQA and EQA qualifications, for more details on the qualification and costs please contact:
HSE Chair – We need to continue to build on our strong expertise and experience to address future challenges
Alongside the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next week, there is another anniversary that’s close to all of us at the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). This year also marks 50 years since the publication of the Robens Report which led to the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, paving the way for the creation of HSE the following year.
Since our inception, we have successfully driven down the number of workplace injuries and deaths to a fraction of those which devastated families’ lives when the Queen first came to the throne.
For more information, click here
As always, please feel free to send the ABBE Newsletter to any colleagues in your business who you think would benefit from this information. Alternatively please contact us on email@example.com with your email details in order for us to add them to our distribution list.