Important test delivery information pertaining to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
ABBE have been informed by Pearson Vue that all their UK test centres are closed to non essential exams however we are please to announce that learners are still able to book their Residential Surveying and Residential Valuation exams.
Pearson Vue will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions about test centre operations in accordance with government and local authorities. Please check out the Pearson Vue Coronavirus update page for frequent updates. https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update
Parnassus is now live.
The implementation of the new, upgraded site is now complete. Parnassus is now live and ready for our centres to use.
You can log into the system in the usual manner using your existing user name and password.
If you have any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information about hard copy of certificates
As part of our continuous effort to follow Government guidelines around
COVID 19, and due to the current lockdown we will not be sending hard copies of certificates out until the end of March at the earliest. This will remain under review and in line with Government guidelines.
In the meantime, learners will still receive an on-line certificate for their records.
Important Information about E Proctoring
ABBE has invested in an online E Proctoring Service. We are working with OnVue to deliver this.
We can offer use of this to our centres, costs are as follows:
• £1000 one off access to system fee
• £1000 per examination published
• £70 per examination, per learner – any resits of failed assessments will be charged at this fee
Centres using other E proctoring Systems
We recognise that centres may use their own E proctoring systems, this is acceptable to ABBE. However, the following protocols must be in place before we will accept assessments undertaken via an E proctoring system:
• ABBE must be notified of the system to be used before assessments take place. We require a minimum of two weeks’ notice of the system proposed
• ABBE will require a copy of the examination material annotated to show where each of the assessment criteria are being met, additionally we will require answer grids
Minimum E Proctoring System Requirements
• Learner validation against UK recognised identification materials i.e. Passport or Valid Photographic Driving Licence
• A full lock down of the browser options, to ensure that only the E proctoring system is open
• Prevention of printing during the assessment
• Prevention of desktop access
• Prevention of copy and paste from outside of the assessment browser
• Prevention of screencast options
• Validation that the room in which the assessment is taking place is free from materials which may assist the assessment
• Validation that the room does not have any other people present
• Constant human and/or AI proctoring
• Automatic suspected malpractice ending of the assessment
• Proctor intervention, if required, to assure the security of the assessment
• Full activity reports, including video recordings which can be made available to ABBE as required
As E proctoring systems adapt and evolve, the requirements for use of these systems will change. We will give adequate notice of any changes to the minimum specifications that ABBE will accept.
ABBE is regulated by Ofqual for a range of qualifications. Our qualifications are nationally recognised helping learners to achieve their full potential and ambitions.
ABBE was established in 1997 offering qualifications in the building and construction industry. As an Awarding Organisation, ABBE’s role is to develop qualifications and assessments which are valid and reliable and are responsive to customer needs.